A fun workshop to discover and prepare your own home-made chocolate
The Choco Museo in Lima is the ideal place for all chocolate addicts! Located at the heart of Miraflores district, it daily welcomes many visitors wishing to learn more about Peruvian cocoa and taste new flavors.
The chocolate workshop lasts about two hours and is divided into two parts:
First, you will learn where the Peruvian cocoa comes from, what is its production process, who are its consumers around the world and many other interesting aspects! A really instructive and fun visit full of historical narratives and anecdotes, technical information and tasting. You will prepare and taste three traditional chocolate drinks: the cocoa tea, Mayan hot chocolate and Conquistadores hot chocolate. This will drive you completely crazy about chocolate!
Then, you will put into practice what you will have learnt and prepare your own chocolates! You will go through all the process, from cocoa toasting to final decoration! A really fun activity to do either alone, or with your family or friends.
Schedule: everyday - 11:30 am / 2:30 pm / 5:30 pm
Capacity: 12 persons
Duration: 2 hours
Language: English / Spanish
Place: Calle Berlin 375, Miraflores - Lima
Access: by bus or car/taxi
The price includes
- Choco Museo visit
- Chocolate workshop
- Handmade chocolates to take away
The price doesn't include
- Any other spending made by the travelers
Good to know when planning your chocolate workshop in Lima
- Booking must be confirmed at least 48 hours before taking the chocolate workshop
- At least one adult is necessary for every two kids participating in the chocolate workshop (4-12 years old)
- After the chocolate workshop, you will have time to enjoy the outside terrace and taste some of the Choco Museo specialties. On the menu, you will find many chocolate desserts, such as the chocolate pie, chocolate fondue or Terremoto* (*not included in the visit price).